The Amazing News of the Gospel


The amazing news of the Gospel is not that we receive Jesus into our lives, but that He has already received us into His.

God often speaks to me through music. It happened again a day or two ago as I was driving to work. I heard these words: "The amazing news of the Gospel is not that we can receive Jesus into our lives, but that He has already received us into His." This line was actually spoken, not sung in Ryan Stevenson's song, The Gospel.
The rest of the song is great too, but that one line stopped me dead in my tracks!(figuratively, as I was driving 😉) Yes, receiving Christ into our lives is awesome, but have we ever really thought deeply about Jesus receiving us into His? The theology of it, maybe, but what that means on a deep and personal level? Now that is something for some prayerful meditation!


Photo by Christoph Schmid on Unsplash


Comments